Monday, May 31, 2010

Sore

There's a misconception that people who do this bodywork type stuff are always on top of their game and cruising through the day.

In reality, I'm sore almost every single day in some random part of my body. I don't mind anymore. It's a nice reminder that I really worked hard the day (or two days) before.

Today my lats are aching, and my lower back is feeling very tender around the lumbar. Not sure what exercises got me these sore spots but it's just another day in the life.

Sometimes I'll be walking around and realize, "Hey, I'm not sore anywhere in my whole body! What a great feeling!" Reminds of Thich Nhat Hanh's exhortation to enjoy all those days you get to experience "no toothache".

Off to workout. Day 18!

2 comments:

  1. Patrick, how in God's name do you find time to do all the stuff that you do? You are truly an inspiration.

    I look forward to following the folks on this journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel good when there's a part of my body somewhat sore from physical strain and work - good to be alive and to know your body is building strength and muscle, not atrophying.

    ReplyDelete